torstai 23. heinäkuuta 2009

Forays Into Lace

I've been on the road and at various places during the last few weeks, and somehow have managed to develop a backlog of projects and yarns to photograph and report. I'll start from the project completed after the scarf in the last post: Ishbel.

Yarn: Handmaiden Casbah sock yarn, 115g/325m 
Needles: 4mm Addi Lace
Size: small (wingspan about 120cm)

After the small scarf shown in the last entry I wanted to try more lace without having to buy yarn for it. I had bought two skeins of Casbah at the end of May, having dreamed about it since Christmas. The yarn seemed almost too luxurious to be made into socks, and Ishbel seemed like the perfect pattern. It was my first pattern purchase online and definitely worth the few euros that it cost. I'll most likely make the scarf again in larger size. This time I was forced to leave two rows out from the last repeat as I was (rightly) afraid of running out of yarn.



Ishbel is a great first lace project as it has a large section of stockinette and can be made of sock yarn (a few skeins of which nearly everyone is certain to have in their stash). I am now attempting my first full size, all-lace scarf, we'll see how that goes :)

Ei kommentteja: