perjantai 12. kesäkuuta 2009

KIP

Olen kohtuu tohkeissani huomisesta KIP-päivästä. Koska en ole aikisemmin sitä mitenkään viettänyt, innostukseni perustuu tietenkin vain mielikuviin, ja saatan hyvinkin suurennella tapahtumaa. Mutta sille nyt ei mitään mahda, innostun hyvin helposti asioista etukäteen.

 In some weird manner I have always liked to publicly display my interests. Mostly that has meant wearing fan t-shirts (ranging from Rufus Wainwright to Wicked) or publicly reading Bookcrossing books. It shouldn't be difficult to guess that yes, I also knit in public, all the time.

I'm not quite sure whether I can quite pin down the reasons for this inclination. To express individualism; to pretend I'm important by thinking that people pay attention to what I do; to get comments from someone interested in the same thing. I know that I at least would love it if someone spotted that I was wearing a Clapotis or Sylvi. Of course I also want to knit when I can, even in public, but that's not the only reason.

When I think about tomorrow, I feel very energetic, almost defiant. Knitting and Ravelry are, in the end, still rather invisible to the general public, and I look forward to KIP Day as a small attempt to make us more visible. And, hopefully, to get some bystanders interested.

Ei kommentteja: